In partnership with World Impact, The Trauma Healing Institute, and the American Bible Society, God has enabled us to create community pathways for emotional (holistic) healing and urban soul care. Urban Soul Care requires us to create safe spaces for people to experience spiritual renewal while taking their pain to the cross. We believe Trauma Informed Discipleship will create pathways for us to share the gospel and the love of Christ with our neighbors.
What Is Trauma?
Trauma is a complex topic that can be difficult to wrap your head around. Trauma Healing Groups are safe spaces where we will engage with our hearts, with one another, with God, and Scripture so our souls can begin to heal. In these Trauma Healing Circles, people will learn a biblical framework when it comes to mental health support, trauma care, bereavement, and lamenting:
- Session 1: If God loves us, why do we suffer?
- Session 2: What is a wound of the heart?
- Session 3: What can help our heart wounds heal?
- Session 4: What happens when someone is grieving? (Lament)
- Session 5: Bringing our pain to the cross.
- Session 6: How can we forgive others?
What is Trauma Informed Discipleship?
1. Realizes the widespread impact of trauma on those within the church and throughout the community.
2. Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in men, women, youth, and young adults. This framework helps us to come alongside those who are impacted by trauma.
3. Responds to the needs of its community and congregation by incorporating the proper policies, ministries, and church resources to meet those needs.
As a church community, we desire for Genesis Church-Antioch to be a safe place of refuge for those who have been victimized and stigmatized by trauma and generational trauma. It is important that we train, develop, equip, and disciple our community with the resources they need to address these complex issues. If you would like to join a Healing Circle or to become a Certified Trauma Healing Facilitator, please contact us directly @